Sea Bass with Lemon Caper Butter-adapted from Better Homes & Garden's "365 Last Minute Meals"
Total Time 20 Minutes
Makes 4 Servings
- 4 5-6 ounce fresh or frozen fish steaks
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic (1 clove)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
Thaw fish, if frozen. Preheat broiler. Sprinkle fish with salt and black pepper. Place fish on the greased unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from heat for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork, turning once halfway through broiling.
Meanwhile for lemon-caper butter, in a small bowl stir together butter, capers, lemon peel, lemon juice and garlic. To serve, top fish with lemon-caper butter. If desired, garnish with lemon wedges.