|Photo Courtesy of Southern Living|
Total Time: 1 hour
Makes 24 appetizers or 2 large pot pies
- 1 cup finely chopped roasted turkey
- 3/4 cup mashed potatoes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup cut green beans, cooked
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Poppy seeds (optional)
- Turkey gravy, warmed
- Stir together first 6 ingredients. Season with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll each piecrust. Lightly roll each into a 12-inch circle. Cut each piecrust into 6 circles using a 4-inch round cutter. Place about 3 Tbsp. turkey mixture just below center of each dough circle. Fold dough over filling, pressing and folding edges to seal.
- Arrange pies on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush with egg, and, if desired, sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 400° for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with warm gravy.
- Note: Unbaked pies can be frozen up to 1 month. Bake frozen pies 30 to 32 minutes or until golden brown.