Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Browned Butter Brownies

So Monday was a coworker's birthday and I said I'd bake him something for his birthday. Well Sunday afternoon came around and I didn't know what to make. Finally I decided to look through the recipes I've been wanting to make because I didn't want to go to the store. I found these brownies from Babble.com and I knew I had to make them. I know the blog is for family's, but it actually has a lot of good recipes so check it out!

The end result was fantastic (4/5)-even if it did stick to the pan a bit. The browned butter gives it a nutty flavor that really adds something! Plus you can actually say that they were homemade!!

Yes! I finally took my own picture!

Browned Butter Brownies-adapted from Juliever at Babble.com
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Makes 16 brownies

  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar
  • 3/4 cup cocoa
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Swirl often until the butter melts completely, then starts to turn a nutty brown, about 5 minutes. Pour into a bowl and add sugar, cocoa, 2 teaspoons water, vanilla, and salt. Stir well, then set aside to cool slightly; after about 10 minutes, add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. When mixture looks thick and shiny, stir in the flour and pour into a buttered pan.
Bake brownies until toothpick inserted into center comes out almost clean (with a few moist crumbs attached), about 30 minutes. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails