Monday, October 24, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

When Scott went out of town the other weekend, I wanted to bake. And bake. And bake. So then I decided to bake. I looked through the recipes I wanted to make and found a few that I didn't have to go to the store for because I was lazy. And this was one of my creations. And it was delicious. I'd give it a 3.5/5. Not the best cupcakes (although I"m really not a cupcake fan), but my coworkers loved them so gotta give it a better than average number! Make these when you get the chance!

Photo Courtesy of Betty Crocker
Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes-adapted from Betty Crocker
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Makes 24 cupcakes
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 2 medium mashed very ripe bananas
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 3 eggs
  • 3/4 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 container chocolate frosting
  • Heat oven to 375°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffins cups.
  • In large bowl, beat cake mix, bananas, water, butter and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups.
  • Bake 18 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Frost cupcakes with frosting. Store loosely covered.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails