|Photo Courtesy of Betty Crocker|
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Makes 24 cupcakes
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 medium mashed very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 container chocolate frosting
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffins cups.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, bananas, water, butter and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Frost cupcakes with frosting. Store loosely covered.