Almond Streusel Apple Pie-Adapted from Betty Crocker's Fall Baking
Total Time: 2 hour, 5 minutes
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 7 cups (about 7 medium) thinly sliced peeled apples
For the Streusel
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate. In large bowl, mix all filling ingredients except apples. Stir in apples until coated. Spoon into crust-lined pie plate.
In small bowl, mix all streusel ingredients with pastry blender until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
Bake 35 to 45 minutes, covering entire surface of pie with foil for the last 15 to 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning, until apples are tender and juice is bubbly. Cool completely, about 1 hour.