Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Turkey Marsala

I love Olive Garden's Chicken Marsala, so when I came across this recipe I was so excited! I've never thought to make it by myself for some reason! Now, this doesn't come out as creamy as normal chicken marsala does, but it's still got the flavor! And the turkey was cooked just perfectly! I loved it! And--it goes GREAT with mashed potatoes (my favorite!)

Turkey Marsala
Turkey Marsala-adapted from Taste of Home
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves 4

  • 1/4 up all-purpose flour
  • 1 pound turkey breast tenderloins
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
  • 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1 cup marsala wine (you can use additional chicken broth if you'd rather not use wine)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add turkey and shake to coat. In a large skillet, saute turkey in 2 tablespoons oil in batches for about 5 minutes each side, until no longer pink. Remove turkey and keep warm.

In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms and garlic in remaining oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the broth, wine and spices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve over turkey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So did you cook chicken or turkey? I'm confused!

Unknown said...

Turkey! I changed it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails