Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Hash Brown Quiche

I've mentioned before that Scott doesn't like breakfast for dinner. But I never want to get up early and actually make something that takes a long time for breakfast. So, in the end I always end up making breakfast for dinner!

This is my first recipe from a cookbook I got for Christmas. It is a collection of recipes compiled by the General Store of Minnetonka (which I LOVE by the way!)

This is a dish I wouldn't do again for dinner, but I would definitely make it for guests for breakfast! The original recipe says to bake the hash browns in the oven first, but next time I am going to do them on the skillet so they all get crispy (only the very outsides got crispy).

Hash Brown Quiche-adapted from the General Store of Minnetonka Cookbook
Total Time 30 Minutes
Serves 6

  • 15 ounces frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
  • 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
  • 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
  • 1 cup diced cooked ham
  • 1/2 cup low fat milk
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook hash browns to your desired crispy-ness. Fit hash browns into a greased 10-inch pie plate, forming a solid crust. Sprinkle cheeses and ham evenly over the bottom of the crust. In a small bowl, beat the milk with eggs and seasonings. Pour over cheeses and ham. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into 8 pie-like pieces for serving.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails