Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Peanut Chicken

This recipe was originally intended as an appetizer in skewer form, but I just made the chicken like a stir fry. And it was delicious! When I first told Scott I was making peanut chicken, he told me that if I could perfect it he would love me forever. And, even though he says he'd like "more peanut butter flavor" this was a great recipe!

Peanut Chicken-Adapted from Real Simple-Dinner Tonight? Done!
Total Time: 55 Minutes
Serves 4
  • 3/4 cup salted roasted peanuts, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt and black pepper
  • 2 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise in thin strips
On a large plate, toss together the peanuts, bread crumbs, cilantro, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Coat each piece of chicken with the peanut mixture, pressing gently to help it adhere.

Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. In batches, cook the skewers until golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side, adding more oil to the skillet as necessary; transfer to a plate. Serve with rice.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails