The flavor of these burgers was absolutely amazing! I think they were a bit dry, but I'm guessing that comes with the territory. Adding just a bit of ranch (or buffalo ranch) added some great moisture and even more flavor to it. I'd definitely make this again!
Nonbuger Burgers-adapted from Food Network
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 3 tablespoons onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons black olives
- 2 tablespoons red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons artichoke hearts, chopped
- 4 ounces cooked black beans
- 4 ounces cooked chickpeas
- 4 ounces cooked white beans
- 6 ounces rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 4 burger buns
- 4 slices cheese
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute all vegetables except beans until translucent.
In a large bowl, mix beans with vegetables and mix thoroughly. Add in all other dry ingredients and egg and mix well. Then pulse the mixture in a food processor until you can form into patties. Form into patties and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
Saute in a skillet over medium heat with 1 teaspoon oil until darkened on both sides. Serve with cheese, bun and burger fixings.