Thai Chicken with Basil and Pineapple-adapted from Everyday with Rachael Ray
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless opp breasts, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 can diced pineapple
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 inch ginger root, grated
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken about 6 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. Transfer to a plate.
Add additional 1/2 tablespoon to skillet and stir fry pineapple, peppers, ginger and garlic until crisp tender. Stir fry about 3 minutes, and then add in soy sauce and fish sauce. Mix in chicken and toss to coat. Top stir fry mixture with basil leaves.