Sausage and Chicken Cassoulet-adapted from Best One Dish Meals by Pillsbury
Total Time: 1 hour
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces Polish sausage, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, undrained
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from heat and set aside, leaving grease in pan to cook chicken.
Add chicken to skillet and cook about 4 minutes, turning once, until it starts to brown. Add spices and vegetables to skill and cook another 3 minutes, until vegetables start to brown.
In an ungreased 13x9 inch baking dish, mix sausage, beans, tomatoes, bacon, carrots and onion. Top with chicken thighs.
Cover pan with foil and bake about 45 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender.