Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pasta Carbonara

A long time ago, I had a friend make me pasta carbonara. I hadn't had it again until I made this recipe. It had a lot of flavor and goodness to it, that I want to make it again. Oh, if only I was eating pasta more often!

Pasta Carbonara-adapted from Tasty Kitchen
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serves 6

  • 12 ounces pasta (I prefer spaghetti)
  • 8 pieces thick cut bacon, diced
  • 1 small medium onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 eggs
  • 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • Salt and black pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup peas
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, fry the bacon pieces in a large saucepan until crisp. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Cook the onion and garlic in the bacon grease until golden brown. Set aside.

In a bowl, mix together eggs, cheese, cream, salt and pepper until smooth. When the pasta has finished cooking reserve about 2 cups of the water. Continue to drain the pasta and place in a large bowl.  Slowly add the egg mixture to the pasta, stirring the entire time. This will become thick and coat the pasta. Add some pasta water to get your desired consistency. Halfway through, add the bacon, onion, garlic and peas to the pasta mixture.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails