Monday, June 3, 2013

Baked Goat Cheese in Tomato-Olive Sauce with Toasted Baguette

Scott and I have recently found our new love of bruschetta. When I saw this recipe, I just knew I had to make it. Goat cheese is something I haven't had a whole lot of experience cooking with yet, but I know I love to eat it! The hardest part of this recipe was slicing the goat cheese as it's a rather soft cheese, however I didn't care. I just went with it!

The next time you have people over, make this as an appetizer. I promise, you and your guests won't be disappointed. Scott and I definitely at this (and only this) for dinner when I made it.


Baked Goat Cheese in Tomato-Olive Sauce with Toasted Baguette-adapted from Perfect One-Dish Dinners by Pam Anderson
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves 6

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 14.5 ounce can crushed tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
  • 1 thin baguette, thinly sliced
  • 2 small logs (3.5-4 ounces each) goat cheese, sliced into 3/4 inch disks
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place oil and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook until garlic starts to sizzle and turn golden. Add tomatoes and olives, bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low and continue to simmer about 10-12 minutes.

Adjust oven rack to center position and place baguette slices in single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside.

Pour tomato sauce into small baking dish and top with goat cheese disks. Bake until bubbly, about 10 minutes. Turn on broiler and cook until goat cheese lightly browns, 1-2 minutes longer. Serve with a knife and spoon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails