Thursday, June 27, 2013

Homemade Dinner Rolls

I was so excited to try these dinner rolls. I'm so unbelievably happy I found this recipe and don't know that I'll ever use refrigerated biscuits again. I mean, just look at the picture! It looks just professionally made dinner rolls! They were absolutely fantastic and super easy to make. My favorite part is that these can be made up to  4 days in advance.




Update 12/1/2013
I made these for Thanksgiving and they were a hit again! I had trouble again with the batch on the bottom getting burnt, so just make sure you're watching them at about 10 minutes of cooking!


Homemade Dinner Rolls-adapted from The MotherHOOD
Total Time: 2 hours-4 days, depending on chill time
Makes 24 dinner rolls

  • 1 cup warm water
  • 2 packages active dry yeast (4 1/2 teaspoons)
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 4-4 1/2 cups flour
Combine water an yeast in a large bowl. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.

Stir in butter, sugar, eggs and salt until combined. Add in flour one cup at a time until too stiff to continue mixing. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours to up to 4 days!

Grease baking sheets. Make 24 small balls of the dough and place on the baking sheets. Place baking sheets in turned off oven for about an hour to let dough rise. Turn on oven to 375 degrees. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until rolls are golden brown.

1 comment:

Leesy said...

So glad these turned out so marvelous looking Heather! I love the fact they can be made in advance too a great time saver when you have a big gathering to attend or hosting.

~Leesy from The MotherHOOD :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails