Sunday, June 2, 2013

Roasted Asparagus

I've recently realized that I probably have an obnoxious love of asparagus. I feel like we never had it at home when I was a kid, so I never really wanted to try it when I got out on my own in college. Now, I've had just plain baked asparagus and prosciutto wrapped asparagus--if you have not tried this, it is definitely something you need to do. A friend made these over Thanksgiving, and I've been craving them ever since.

Anyway, this recipe was so simple. I love the added pepper and onion for a little extra flavor. It's incredibly easy that can be ready for dinner in less than 30 minutes, and only about 5 minutes of prep! The one new thing I learned is how to trim the asparagus. You can see the instructions on the Better Homes and Gardens website.

And yes, you can see by the picture below, we had this with GIANT, delicious ribeye steaks with mushrooms and onions. Best. Dinner. Ever.

Roasted Asparagus-adapted from Better Homes and Garden's New Cookbook
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves 6

  • 2 pounds asparagus
  • 1/2 large onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 small yellow pepper, thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus. Place asparagus, onion, pepper in a large baking dish (I used 9x12). Drizzle vegetables with olive oil, seasoned salt and pepper. Roast, uncovered for about 20 minutes, or until asparagus is tender.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails