Saturday, August 9, 2014

Farmer's Casserole

I recently finished up having all my wedding showers. They were ah-ma-zing! Here's just a few pictures from my trip to Eau Claire to prep for the wedding, and then the weekend in Minneapolis where I had two beautiful showers and felt so blessed to be surrounded by friends and family!

Beer Cheese Soup from Acoustic Cafe. Pretty much the recipe we've been trying to recreate for years (and we've been unsuccessful at it :(

The absolutely stunning, Pinterest-perfect towel cake that my cousin (and Maid of Honor) gave to me. I was so sad to take it apart.

My parent's cat, Dash. Such a weird cat that's obsessed wtih rubber bands. She won't eat them but plays with them constantly.

My mother and I before the shower my Maid of Honor threw me!

The next weekend, Scott's sister and mom threw me yet another wonderful shower! My parent's drove to Milwaukee from Minnesota to be there. My mom and I went to Savvy Bride to try on my dress and all my accessories for her. While we were doing that, I put this egg casserole in the oven and my dad and Scott played cards. We then sat down as a family to eat this fantastic brunch! It was a bit heavy on the potatoes for our taste, but I'd definitely make it again because it hit the spot on Saturday, and for a few days after at work as leftovers as well! Add your favorite omlet toppings and cheeses to make it your own.

The Farmer's Casserole. Plus, our newly gifted plates & silverware. I LOVE that I know have nice looking pictures with white placeware :)

Farmer's Casserole-adapted from Recipe Girl
Total Time: 1 hour
Serves 8

  • 32 ounces frozen hashbrowns
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 cups cooked diced ham
  • 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
  • 8 large eggs, beaten
  • 24 ounces evaporated skim milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • Sour cream or salsa for serving, if desired.
Grease a 9x11 inch baking dish. Arrange potatoes in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with cheese, ham and mushrooms. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture.

At this point you can refrigerate the dish overnight if you wish. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake, uncovered for 45-55 minutes if not chilled, 50-60 minutes if chilled first. Serve with sour cream and salsa, if desired.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails