Saturday, August 9, 2014

Waffles

As I was started to register for wedding gifts, I was telling my mom I was thinking of registering for a waffle maker. Even though Scott and I tend to stay pretty basic for our weekend breakfasts (eggs, bacon, toast), every once in awhile I want to try something new, or do breakfast for dinner! Instead of me registering for a new one, my mom gave me hers that was barely used. I'm pretty sure it's from their wedding (26 years ago!), but it works fantastically!

I loved this recipe. It was extremely easy to make, and makes about 3 waffle irons full (my waffle iron makes four smaller waffles, so this was about 12 waffles for us).


Waffles-adapted from Tasty Kitchen
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Serves 5

  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Syrup and butter for serving
In a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, baking soda and sugar. Add in milk, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla extract and whisk until well blended. Heat up your waffle iron and cook according to package directions. Serve with syrup and butter as desired.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails