Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Cookies and Cream Poke Cake

At work awhile ago, a coworker explained what poke cake is to me. I had never heard of it before. I didn't have an urge to go home and make it, but I did have in mind that I wanted to bake something for my team for really stepping up and doing a good job.

As soon as I got home and logged onto Facebook, I saw this recipe in my news feed! I first laughed, and then I decided it looked both easy and delicious that I just had to make it. It was delicious, to the point that Scott couldn't believe that I wasn't letting him and I eat it all. It's a very quick and easy dessert to make, and I'm pretty sure it's fool proof, which makes it even better.


Cookies and Cream Poke Cake-adapted from Tidy Mom
Total Time: 5 hours
Serves 16

  • 1 box white cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake on box)
  • 1 box cookies and cream pudding mix
  • 8 ounces sweetened condensed milk
  • 8 ounces Cool Whip
  • 12-15 Oreo cookies, broken into pieces


    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make the cake mix according to package directions and add the pudding mix to the batter. Bake in a 9x13 inch pan for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 30 minutes.

    After cake cools, use a small knife to poke holes in half inch intervals. Pour condensed milk over top of cake and smooth over all corners of cake. Let cake continue to cool and sink in.

    Once cake is cooled, Top with Cool Whip and Oreos. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails