Sunday, November 30, 2014

Beef Stroganoff

This is a super simple, throw it in the slow cooker, and eat when you get home. I've made this recipe twice now. This first time, I used my Homemade Cream of Anything Mix. I will say, I prefer using the canned stuff, but only because it makes it a bit thicker.

Using the Homemade Cream of Anything Mix


Using the canned cream of mushroom and cream of celery 

Beef Stroganoff-adapted from my friend Ashley's recipe
Total Time: 6 hours
Serves 4

  • 2-3 pound sirloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can cream of celery soup
  • 1 package dry onion soup mix
  • 1/2 cup water (more if it gets dry)
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • Noodles or rice for serving (I prefer egg noodles)
Place sirloin in the bottom of a lightly greased 5 quart slow cooker. Top with soups, soup mix and water. Cover and cook and low for at least 6 hours or until beef is cooked.

About a half hour before serving, stir in sour cream, recover and keep on low. Serve with egg noodles.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails