Tuesday, November 5, 2013

30 Clove Garlic Chicken

When I told Scott I was making a 30 clove garlic chicken he was very scared. It's a LOT of garlic! I have to tell you, peeling that much garlic was one of the worst things I have ever done. I think I almost prefer peeling potatoes, and I hate peeling potatoes! Next time I make this, I want to try this way of peeling garlic. We'll see if it works!

As standard with slow cooker chicken recipes, the chicken ended up very tender! The garlic seemed to caramelize and create this just amazing flavor. And make sure you eat some of the cloves too (trust me)! This can be made with anywhere between 20-40 cloves of garlic, whatever you have on hand (it's a great pantry meal). I might try this next time with a whole chicken!


30 Clove Garlic Chicken-adapted from Make it Fast, Cook it Slow by Stephanie O'Dea
Total Time:  6 Hours
Serves 6

  • 1 large onion, diced
  • 3 to 4 pounds of chicken
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 20 to 40 garlic cloves, peeled, but in tact 
Spray the inside of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place onion on the bottom of the stoneware, with chicken on top. Sprinkle the chicken with the remainder of ingredients. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.

1 comment:

Stephanie ODea said...

Your finished chicken picture is so pretty! I'm so happy that you enjoyed your dinner --- and I hear you on the garlic peeling. It's not fun, and I don't like it either.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails