Saturday, November 16, 2013

Beef Tenderloin

For some reason when I came to this dish I was very nervous I wasn't going to make this right. I honestly don't know why as this was so incredibly easy. This was also probably one of the best dishes I've ever made.

Beef tenderloin is one of those dishes you don't want to over cook, however, I almost made this too rare. But in those cases, you can always throw it back in the oven. The original recipe was a bit on the salty side, so I will likely cut that in half next time, but I will be making this again!


Beef Tenderloin-adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond
Total Time: 35 Minutes
Serves 4-5

  • 3-4 pound whole beef tenderloin
  • 1 tablespoon kosher salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
  • 1/2 tablespoon sugar
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon butter
Heat oven to 450 degrees. Trim the excess fat from the tenderloin as desired. 

In a medium bowl, combine salt, pepper, sugar and 1/4 cup olive oil. Use a basting brush to cover the tenderloin with the mixture.

Heat a heavy skillet over high heat and add the butter. Sear the tenderloin, about 1-1 1/2 minutes on each side, until brown.

Place the meat on a roasting pan with a rack and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the beef is 125 degrees for medium rare. Let the meat set for about 10 minutes-it will continue cooking slightly. Slice the meat into serving pieces.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails