Saturday, November 16, 2013

Swiss Steak

So I must confess-this might not be the best review of this recipe. I accidentally screwed up the timer on the slow cooker, so when I came home dinner wasn't really cooked. I kept cooking it on low and had egg sandwiches for dinner instead. I then warmed this up for dinner the next night. The flavors and taste were fine, but it wasn't something I really need to make again. If someone makes it right the first time, please let me know!


Swiss Steak-adapted from New Slow Cooker Meals by Betty Crocker
Total Time: 9 hours
Serves 6

  • 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak
  • 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • 6 baby red potatoes, cut into fourths
  • 1 1/2 cups baby carrots
  • 1 medium onion, sliced
  • 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained
  • 12 ounces beef gravy
Cut beef into 6 serving pieces. Spray a large skillet with cooking spreay and heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef with seasoned salt and cook for about 8 minutes, turning once, until brown. 

Layer potatoes, carrots, beef and onion in a 4-quart slow cooker. Pour tomatoes and gravy over top.

Cover and cook on low heat 7-9 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails