Hawaiian Meatballs-adapated from "Slow Cooker Recipe Cards" by Taste of Home
Total Time: 6 hours
- 20 ounce can diced pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 28 ounces frozen, fully cooked meatballs
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 10 ounces maraschino cherries, drained
- 2 cups cooked white rice, optional
Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a 2-cup measuring cup. Add enough water to measure 2 cups total.
In a small pan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in the pineapple juice mixture until smooth. Stir in vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
In a 4 quart slow cooker, combine the meatballs, pepper and pineapple chunks. Pour juice mixture on top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until heated through and peppers are tender. Add the cherries during the last 30 minutes of cooking. Serve with rice if desired.