Monday, November 4, 2013

Benedictine Dip

My friend Katie makes the best cucumber dip. I haven't tried making it myself, but it is just so good. As I was making this recipe, I was thinking, "I wonder if this will taste like Katie's?" It totally did, although, it was different (and I think even a little better). The cayenne brings just enough extra heat that is cooled down by the cucumber pieces! It is also very easy to make. I always serve this type of dip with Wheat Thins, but you could use whatever recipe you choose!


Benedictine Dip-adapted from Fresh Home Magazine
Total Time: 5 Minutes
Serves 8

  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
  • 1 tablespoon parsley
  • 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 3/4 cup cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
  • Box of wheat thins, or other crackers
In a small bowl, mix all ingredients except cucumber, green onion and crackers until smooth. Stir in cucumber and onion. Chill and serve with crackers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails