I added some cayenne pepper and garlic salt to the original recipe for additional flavor. If you aren't a fan of either, play around with your favorite spices! You could also add your favorite veggies to the dish, much like a stir fry.
Broccoli Pork Rice Bowl-adapted from "Reader's Top Rated Recipes" by Cooking Light
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 3 cups broccoli, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 ounces boneless pork chops, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, to taste
Steam broccoli for about 5 minutes, or according to package directions. Also, cook rice according to package directions.
Meanwhile heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook about 5 minutes, until pork is cooked through. Add onions, cheese, cayenne and garlic salt and stir, just until cheese begins to melt. Stir in rice and broccoli. Continue to mix together until well blended and cheese i s melted.