Picante Pot Roast with Couscous-adapted from New Cookbook by Better Homes and Gardens
Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 16-17 ounce package refrigerated cooked beef pot roast with juices
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 cup quick-cooking couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sour cream, for serving
Transfer liquid from pot roast package into a large skillet; add mushrooms and salsa. Cut pot roast into 1-inch pieces and add to skillet. Bring to boiling and then reduce the heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook couscous according to package directions. Add garlic salt, seasoned pepper and cayenne pepper to taste.
Spoon pot roast mixture over couscous and serve with sour cream.