In the end, we really liked this salsa. It was fresh and a nice change. The apple cider vinegar really added an extra kick to the salsa flavor. This sits well overnight too!
Black eyed pea salsa-adapted from The New Cookbook by Better Homes and Gardens
Total time: 5 minutes
Makes 2 cups
- 1 15-ounce can black eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Tortilla chips for serving
In a serving bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Serve with chips.