Saturday, February 14, 2015

Black eyed pea salsa

We were having my sister-in-law Angie over for dinner last night. My go to appetizer/snack is guacamole. I went to the store yesterday, but all the avocados weren't ripe enough or were way past ripe. I then decided to try this salsa instead. Scott was very upset when I told him I was substituting a bean dip for our favorite guacamole.

In the end, we really liked this salsa. It was fresh and a nice change. The apple cider vinegar really added an extra kick to the salsa flavor. This sits well overnight too!


Black eyed pea salsa-adapted from The New Cookbook by Better Homes and Gardens
Total time: 5 minutes
Makes 2 cups

  • 1 15-ounce can black eyed peas, rinsed and drained
  • 1 small yellow onion, diced
  • 1 small red pepper, diced
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
  • 2 tablespoons cooking oil
  • 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • Tortilla chips for serving
In a serving bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Serve with chips.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails