Friday, February 13, 2015

Chicken noodle soup

Every once in awhile, having a good chicken noodle soup is awesome. It's still pretty cold here in Milwaukee, so it definitely hit the spot last week. This recipe only takes 30 minutes, so it isn't a fantasic soup (I find really good ones take a few hours), but it still tastes great! It was also fantastic for leftovers!

I love to do what I can to prep my meals. I try to tell myself I'm going to prep for the whole week after I get home from the store, but sometimes, that just doesn't happen. This picture is from the night we made the Caprese lasagna roll ups. I had 30 minutes while they were in the oven, so took the time to prep the chicken and veggies so I could just throw together the soup when we got home the next day as we were going to be very busy.

The final product!
Chicken noodle soup-adapted from 5 Ingredient, 15 Minutes Recipes by Weight Watchers
Total time: 30 minutes
Serves 6
  • 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
  • 1/3 cup celery, chopped
  • 1/3 cup carrots, chopped
  • 1/3 cup onion, chopped
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 7 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup uncooked pasta of your choice (I used medium shells)
Heat a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Add chicken, celery, carrots, onion, and black pepper. Cook for about 6 minutes or until chicken begins to brown and vegetables are tender, stirring frequently. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add pasta, reduce heat to medium and cook for 8 minutes or until pasta is done.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails