One of the best things about this dish was the dressing. I got to use our new dressing shaker, which was a wedding gift. These things are awesome. It's much more
Overall, this pasta felt light, and having scallops and shrimp was a nice change from our normal chicken or beef routine. I think I would like the dish even with a different protein, or the dressing by itself!
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 8 ounce penne pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red pepper, diced
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
Place garlic, lemon juice, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper and oil in a dressing shaker and shake well. If you do not have a shaker, whisk well and set aside.
Meanwhile, bring 2 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for about 10 minutes, just until tender. Add in the scallops and shrimp, and cook until the seafood is opaque, about 3 more minutes. Drain and pour into a serving bowl. Mix pasta, seafood, tomatoes, red peppers, feta cheese, oregano and prepared dressing. Toss to coat.