Saturday, February 21, 2015

Root veggies

I don't think I've ever had beets in my life. While I was making this I even asked my mom and her answer was "Nope." I'm glad I tried them! This isn't something I'd want all the time, but it was good to change things up.

I also need to say, I love the bowl I put these in with some asparagus. It's perfect when you have a few different side dishes!

Prep

My favorite bowl!


All of dinner!

Root veggies-adapted from Meals Made Easy by Real Simple
Total time: 15 minutes
Serves 4
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • Bunch carrots, cut lengthwise into thin strips
  • Bunch beets, cut into thin slices
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 tablespoon dried tarragon
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add the carrots and beets and cook until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and tarragon. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails