Saturday, February 14, 2015

Crustless quiche

When Scott woke up to this dish last weekend, he literally asked me, "Why is there a salad in my eggs?" I don't know why people tend to have such an aversion to spinach! It's great for you and delicious. I really do love it in egg bakes.

The original recipe for this quiche was incredibly simple. I added what I had on hand-msuhrooms, onion, ham, and some tomatoes with chiles. You can really do whatever you want with quiches. This needs to cook for an hour, so make it for a brunch or if you get up much earlier than your breakfast companions!

I know people are always wary about eating eggs as leftovers. I'm pretty sure I had this for breakfast the next three days and it was delcious. I kept getting asked at work what it was because it smelled so good so early in the morning!


Crustless quiche-adapted from General Store of Minnetonka Cookbook
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Serves 8
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 8 ounce mushrooms
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 1/2 cup cooked ham, diced
  • 1/2 can tomatoes with chiles, drained
  • 10 ounce frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
  • 16 ounces small curd, fat free cottage cheese
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, mix ingredients together until well blended. Grease an 8-inch pie plate then pour the egg mixture in. Bake for 1 hour or until eggs are set.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails