Friday, February 13, 2015

Caprese lasagna roll ups

I have been on a total caprese kick lately. Mozzarella, tomatoes and basil-where can you go wrong?? When I came across this recipe I knew I had to make it. I surely wasn't disappointed! I can't tell you where I got this recipe from, it seems to have disappeared from my notes. I did, however, make a few of my own changes. I also used this recipe as a great opportunity to reuse the leftover sauce from the Italian pork chops! You can use regular tomatoes sliced thin and fresh basil as well-I just used what I had on hand!

Before
Final product!

Caprese lasagna roll ups
Total time: 45 minutes
Serves 8
  • 8 lasagna noodles, uncooked
  • 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1 large egg white
  • 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
  • 14 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
  • Black pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced thin 
  • 1 tablespoon dried basil
  • 1 cup marinara or pasta sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain pasta then lay flat to dry on wax paper. 

For filling, in a large bowl, mix together ricotta and egg white until blended. Mix in parmesan cheese, 12 ounces mozzarella and black pepper to taste.

Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 inch grease baking pan. Then, for each noodle, spread 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture on each lasagna noodle, spreading evenly the length of the noodle. Top with and even amount of tomatoes and sprinkle with basil. Roll up from end to end and place in the baking dish seam side down. Repeat for remaining noodles.  Top with remaining pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails